“Talentspace provided me with some great techniques that will undoubtedly give me that polished finish. Especially in these tricky and competitive times, it pays to have the edge that makes you stand above the rest, and I’m grateful to Talentspace for helping me do that.” – Pete Staples, Head of IT, Towers Perrin.
Coaching can be a powerful tool for helping people to succeed. Talentspace consultants act as challenging, confidential, and commercially astute sounding boards and coaches. As psychologists, we provide insight into personality and behaviour aimed at helping people to succeed. At the same time, our deep experience of having worked with businesses means that we understand the commercial pressures that modern day managers face every day.
We do not believe in a standard, one-size-fits-all model of coaching. While some individuals may need a programme of 5 or 6 coaching sessions, other individuals may benefit sufficiently from a single coaching session.
While each client’s needs are different, our team have recently helped individuals with issues including:
- Working with a senior executive on his presence and gravitas when giving presentations
- Coaching the head of an IT department to develop better prioritisation and assertiveness skills
- Helping the leader of a SME to develop a more ‘hands off’ leadership style to enable him to focus more on the stategy of the business
- Providing support to an experienced executive in setting up a new business and hiring a new management team
- Working with an executive who had been promoted internally on making a successful role transition to enable him to ‘hit the ground running’
To accelerate the coaching process, we often use tools such psychometric tests and/or the gathering of 360-degree feedback.
You can also read more about making the decision to engage an external coach in the Press and Insight section of this website.